Friday, June 5, 2009

-Life Is Good-




So...it's been awhile since I've posted anything on here. I keep forgetting I have it. So here's the latest:


After my mom left I had a few days to hangout before I left for Vegas. I ended up going sailing with Ben and some other people from school out on the bay. It was a blast. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to live here and sailing definitely reminded me that I live in paradise. It was absolutely gorgeous.


I went to Vegas on the 13th to see Wyatt and Kristi. I stayed at Kristi and Charlie's place. I only saw Wyatt one day and then Kaelin and Jason left to go to Jason's family cabin for the weekend. Since Logan was in Yuma...which is about 5 hours away from Vegas, he rented me a car and I drove down there for the weekend. It was a blast. We stayed in a hotel on base, I got to meet some of his friends, we at some good food, and just loved finally being together.


I went straight to Kaelin's house when I got back into Vegas and we all went to lunch at Chili's with Jason and his brother and girlfriend. It was fun and Wyatt is THE cutest little boy I have ever met. It was the best feeling in the world to have him run up to me with his arms open when I pulled into the driveway that day. I love that little boy more than anything. I met back up with them the next day and Wy and I played on the trampoline for awhile. :D


Since I've been back in HI, I've pretty much been a beach/pool bum and am with Logan whenever he's not working. I started working at Sun SPlash again too, but only 12-15 hours a week. It's so nice to have Logan back. We can FINALLY be together :D Now I'm just hoping he doesn't leave again in August. He's everything I've dreamed of having....and when we are together I always have a smile on my face. He's amazing.


We'll be heading to Vegas July 7 and then to IF July 10-20. Time for him to meet the fam. And we're going up on the annual camping trip in Island Park so he will get to meet that family too (Skaars, Barkers, Lamonts). We are getting tattoos this Tuesday. He's just going to add on to his tribal he already has on his shoulder and I'm getting a lily with a hummingbird on my side. (Upper side ribcage) I decided to add the hummingbird for two reasons...(1) Hummingbirds make me think of my grandma and grandpa Peterson. We used to sit at the kitchen table, eat ice cream, and watch the hummingbirds outside the window. Both of them have passed and I want something to make me think of them and all the fun memories I have with them. (2) Hummingbirds symbolize joy and accomplishing the impossible. It's all about finding the joy in life in any circumstance and never giving up on the things you want in life...no matter how impossible it may seem.


My grandma Shirley passed away two days ago. It's so crazy how fast things can change. She was fine last time I was home. She made her chicken noodle soup on New Year's Day for us...none of us had a clue that cancer was taking over her body. Sometimes I wonder if going to the doctor is what made her leave us so quickly. Everybody's situation is different but for her, the chemo and radiation were too much for her to handle. Once the diagnosis came it was just one bad thing after another and she never recovered in between. Her body was too weak to do anything and she was forced to just give up.


I like to remember all of our sleepovers when I was little. She would let me put my head on her lap and she would brush my hair for hours. It was my favorite. And she would let me play dress up with all her beautiful jewelry she had. And she had a big vase full of peacock feathers...every time we went to visit she would let me take one home. And every birthday I had she would spoil me like crazy at the mall and buy me clothes and shoes and then we would eat lunch at Arby's. That was our place :) I have a lot of really great memories with her. She was an amazing person and she will be missed but I'm just glad she doesn't have to fight anymore.


1 comment:

  1. I miss Shirley too. She was the sweetest lady ever. She was a great aunt to me. She will be missed!

    ReplyDelete